I make these muffins almost weekly, and they are an absolute family favorite. Plus, these muffins are easy to whip up, mixed and cooked in 30 minutes or less.
Makes 18 muffins.
1-1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1 egg white
1 cup of raisins (or other dried fruit such as currants, blueberries, or cherries)
1/2 cup oatmeal
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F).
- Grease muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine oatmeal, flour, cinnamon, brown sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir until well combined.
- Add egg white, applesauce, vanilla extract, and milk, just until blended. Gently stir in raisins.
- Spoon into muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
- Mix topping ingredients well, and spoon a little on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 18 minutes.